Skip to main content

Wednesday... They really can be tough to move.


Psalm 18:2 (NLT), "The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I feel protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me."

Wednesday... They really can be tough to move.

I don't know if you watched many of those old westerns on TV. I loved them.

We now live in Nevada but we go across the desert to get to Los Angeles. Now as you head down the Pass to LA you will see road 395. If you take that road north you will see so many big boulders. If you head up to the town of Lone Pines you will see where they filmed a lot of those old Westerns. There are boulders all over the place. Those cowboys were filmed all over them. We also lived in Colorado looking up at the Rocky Mountains.


Yes, those boulders are tough to move and they can be a great place to hide from your troubles.


Now David was being pursued by King Saul who wanted to kill him and during that time he wrote Psalm 18. Here is what verse 2 says, "The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I feel protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me." Again he says, "My God is my rock."

Many times, we need pictures in our minds that will calm us and give us courage in our struggles.

We have beautiful rocks here in Vegas. We have this canyon that is called Red Rock Canyon and you can climb all over them. They are beautiful. The LORD is my Red Rock. I can't climb them now at my age but I can hide behind them.

So just a picture in your mind today. "The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I feel protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me."

The Amplified Bible says, "The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and the One who rescues me; My God, my rock and strength in whom I trust and take refuge; My shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower - my stronghold." Yes, yes! #todaysbeginning

     





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday... Maybe we need this word today.

Psalm 57:1b (NIRV), "There I will stay until the danger is gone." Thursday... Maybe we need this word today. There are words in life that give us confidence no matter what we are facing. Now we have to believe them in order for them to have an impact. David wrote Psalm 57 while he was in a cave hiding from Saul who wanted to kill him and he says in the last part of verse 1, "There I will stay." It was a safe place and Saul didn't know that he was there. But he doesn't stop there. With confidence he said, "There I will stay until." And until is definitely a word of faith and confidence. "There I will stay until the danger is gone." Do we need that today? Let me give you the whole verse. In verse 1 David says, "Have mercy on me, God. Have mercy on me." And that is a great place to start in times of trouble. Maybe that is what we need to pray today, "Have mercy on me, God. Have mercy on me." It is so great to have someone...

Tuesday... We just have trouble listening.

1 Corinthians 13:7 (NLT), "Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance." Tuesday... We just have trouble listening. Over in Jeremiah 25:4 (NLT) it says, "Again and again the LORD has sent you his servants, the prophets, but you have not listened or even paid attention." And Jeremiah went on to tell what was going to happen. There will be consequences if we do not listen to what God says through his Word. Now the Apostle Paul over in 1 Corinthians was having a problem with some professed Christ followers who were having trouble at listening. And we too can have problems at listening. We can think that being a Christ follower means we do a lot of finger pointing and we give up on people who don't do what we say. We can even do that in our families. But Paul writes in 1 Corinthians 13:7 (NLT), "Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance." In verse ...

Friday... We have this hope of expectancy.

Psalm 5:3 (NLT), "Listen to my voice in the morning Lord. Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly." Friday... We have this hope of expectancy. Now David found a great way to start his day. He says in Psalm 5:1-3 (NLT), "O LORD, hear me as I pray." And that is a great place to start. It really is. Morning sunrise He goes on, "Listen to my cry for help, my King, my God, for I pray to no one but you." And that is so important. We don't try to pump ourselves up by ourself. No, we pray to no one but you, God, my LORD, my King. Now this relationship with God is so, so very important. And then David says, "Listen to my voice in the morning, LORD. Each morning I bring my requests to you" And that is so great. And then he says, "and wait expectantly." Yes, we have this hope of expectancy. We are experienced. That is what a relationship with God and a moment by moment connection does. It makes a difference in our daily wa...