Skip to main content

Thursday... Maybe we need this word today.


Psalm 57:1b (NIRV), "There I will stay until the danger is gone."

Thursday... Maybe we need this word today.

There are words in life that give us confidence no matter what we are facing. Now we have to believe them in order for them to have an impact.


David wrote Psalm 57 while he was in a cave hiding from Saul who wanted to kill him and he says in the last part of verse 1, "There I will stay." It was a safe place and Saul didn't know that he was there. But he doesn't stop there. With confidence he said, "There I will stay until." And until is definitely a word of faith and confidence. "There I will stay until the danger is gone."


Do we need that today?

Let me give you the whole verse. In verse 1 David says, "Have mercy on me, God. Have mercy on me." And that is a great place to start in times of trouble. Maybe that is what we need to pray today, "Have mercy on me, God. Have mercy on me." It is so great to have someone to turn to, isn't it?

He goes on, and he says this with confidence, "I go to you for safety." I think David has been in many different kinds of caves before. He says, "I will find safety in the shadow of your wings." Yes he has been through tough times before and he can say, "I will find safety in the shadow of your wings." And that is a great place to be. It is a place where we can feel safe. I am so glad that I have found that to be true in my life.

And then he says, "There I will stay until the danger is gone." We don't have to be there the rest of our life. Just until the danger is gone. David knew that God had mercy for him. He knew he would be safe there under God's wings and he will stay there until the danger is gone.

I don't know what you are going through but I know there is a God who has mercy for you if you go to him. He really does care for you and what you are going through and you will find safety under his wings and there will be an end to this that you are going through because he is working on the problem and you will be safe until the danger is gone. And the word until is a word of encouragement and confidence. Maybe we need that word today. It jumped out at me as I read it this morning.

David goes on. Verses 2-3 (NLT) says, "I cry out to God, Most High, to God who will fulfill his purpose for me. He will send help from heaven to rescue me disgracing those who hound me. My God will send forth his unfailing love and faithfulness." Yes, God loves us and he will be faithful and he wants to fulfill his purpose for me.

So yes, maybe we need this word today. Now the word with no capital w is until but the capital W means it all is a Word from God and we need to be constantly in it no matter what we are going through. Yes, we may need the word until to give us confidence in our trouble but for sure we need the Word of God on a daily basis.

So, yes, "There I will stay until the danger is gone." Yes, until. God is going to take care of it. Yes, yes! #todaysbeginning

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday... We have this hope of expectancy.

Psalm 5:3 (NLT), "Listen to my voice in the morning Lord. Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly." Friday... We have this hope of expectancy. Now David found a great way to start his day. He says in Psalm 5:1-3 (NLT), "O LORD, hear me as I pray." And that is a great place to start. It really is. Morning sunrise He goes on, "Listen to my cry for help, my King, my God, for I pray to no one but you." And that is so important. We don't try to pump ourselves up by ourself. No, we pray to no one but you, God, my LORD, my King. Now this relationship with God is so, so very important. And then David says, "Listen to my voice in the morning, LORD. Each morning I bring my requests to you" And that is so great. And then he says, "and wait expectantly." Yes, we have this hope of expectancy. We are experienced. That is what a relationship with God and a moment by moment connection does. It makes a difference in our daily wa...

Friday... Yes, we can know this to be true.

Psalm 12:6 (NLT), "The Lord's promises are pure, like silver refined in a furnace, purified seven times over." Friday... Yes, we can know this to be true. Maybe this is what you want to say in this day in which we live. Psalm 12:1-2 (MSG) says, "Quick, I need your helping hand! The last decent person just went down, all the friends I depend on gone. Everyone talks in lie language; lies slide off their oily lips. They doubletalk with forked tongues." Do you ever feel that way?" Have you found that to be true? Well David the writer of this Psalm continues and says in verse 6 something to encourage us, to lift us up, to give us hope. Psalm 12:6 (NLT) says, "The Lord's promises are pure, like silver refined in a furnace, purified seven times over." The Message Paraphrase says verses 6-8 this way, "God's words are pure words, pure silver words refined seven times in the fires of his word-kiln, pure on earth as well as in heaven, God, keep ...

Friday... It is so exciting but wait a minute.

Proverbs 19:2 (NLT), "Enthusiasm without knowledge is no good; haste makes mistakes." Friday... It is so exciting but wait a minute. This time of the year is so exciting. We get our paycheck from work and then we head to the store or Amazon and buy and buy and buy all those presents and then our check is gone Proverbs 19:2 (NLT) says, "Enthusiasm without knowledge is no good; haste makes mistakes." But buying gifts can be so much fun and seeing how happy they are when opening those presents makes us feel so good. But then verse 3 says, "People ruin their lives by their own foolishness and then they are angry at the Lord." Now for some that is their life. They get money and they spend it on their wants with no thought of what needs to be paid. An important lesson that we have learned is just because you have money in the bank doesn't mean you must spend it. But our enthusiasm takes over. But the problem is when it is gone and there is no money to pay th...