Ephesians 5:8 (NLT), "For once you were full of darkness, but now you have light from the Lord. So live as people of light!"
Thursday... It is what we are looking for.
Every morning at 6:30 am I go out on our back patio and sit in my adirondack chair and look out on the mountains right across the 215 and read that days three chapters from my NIV Bible. Today the Sun wasn't totally shining yet on those mountains but after I had finished my reading I looked up and those mountains were totally lit up by the morning sun and it really emotionally hit me.
Margaret and I are going through a time of wonder and we are searching for God's light on what is ahead for us and that light on those mountains hit me. Yes, God in His time will light up what we are to do.
I went back and read through my chapters again in the NLT as I do every morning and I came on this verse in Ephesians 5:8 which says, "For once you were full of darkness, but now you have light from the Lord. So live as people of light!" Yes, yes! Then in verse 9 it says, "For this light within you produces only what is good and true."
Maybe you are going through a dark time in your life and you are looking for some light on what to do and where to go. Yes this is what you are looking for. "For once you were full of darkness, but now you have light from the Lord. So live as people of light! For this light within you produces only what is good and true."
Maybe you are living in darkness. That is a difficult place to be.
We live in a 55+ community, yes, we are old, and all of our light switches are lit up. God's Word is a light switch. Now the key is we must turn on that switch to get light. "For once you were full of darkness, but now you have light from the Lord. So live as people of light!" Yes we must reach out to God for He is our light. "For this light within you produces only what is good and true." That comes from having Jesus Spirit living in your heart and spending time in His Word.
Now when I got out on my patio at 6:30 I turned on a light behind me. The light outside wasn't quite enough for me to be able to read but after I spent time in reading my Bible I looked up and the light on the mountains across the road and around me was bright. And it hit me. We may be in the dark about what we are going through but in God's time there will be light from Him that will light our path. Yes, we have Jesus Spirit n our heart. We gave our life over to him. We confessed our sins and He forgave us and we asked Him to come into our heart, to take control of our life and He did and He has. And you can too.
"For once you were full of darkness, but now you have light from the Lord. So live as people of light! For this light within you produces only what is good and true." Thanks God for the reminder.
Yes, "So live as people of light!" It really is what we are looking for. Yes, yes! #todaysbeginning

Comments
Post a Comment