Colossians 2:3 (NLT), "In him lie all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge."
Friday... Yes, we can know him.
There is so much for us to know. We have unlimited potential and who we know makes such a difference.
The Apostle Paul wrote in Colossians 2:3 (NLT), "In him lie all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge." Yes, that is really a great friend to know.
Now Colossians is a letter from Paul to the church in Colosse. They were having some trouble with outsiders coming in and trying to convince them that they needed to change what they believed and Paul is counteracting what these outsiders are saying.
In verses 1-2 he says, "I want you to know how much I agonized for you and for your church at Laodicea, and for many other believers who have never met me personally. I want them to be encouraged and knit together by strong ties of love. I want them to have complete confidence that they understand God's mysterious plan, which is Christ himself." And verse 3 goes on to say, "In him lie all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge." God's mysterious plan is for Christ himself through his Spirit to live in us and through us.
Verse 4 says, "I am telling you this so no one will deceive you with well-crafted arguments." And that is still so true in the world in which we live today.
Now this is so important. Verse 6 says, "And now, just as you accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord, you must continue to follow him." Yes, there are well-crafted arguments out there to get us off tract so we need to be connected with Christ because "In him lie all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge." Yes, he can counter attack all these well-crafted arguments and he does it from the inside out. Paul says, "I want them to have complete confidence that they understand God's mysterious plan, which is Christ himself." and "In him lie all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge."
Yes we must continue to follow him. "In him lie all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge." And back in verse 2, Paul says, "I want then to be encouraged and knit together by strong ties of love." Not only because we have Christ in our lives but we need to also be with others who have Christ in their lives. Yes, we need that strong tie of love. Yes we need love, wisdom and knowledge to counteract those well-crafted arguments out there that want us to quit following Christ.
And we want this to be said of us. Paul says in verse 5, "And I rejoice that you are living as you should and that your faith in Christ is strong." And that is the key to really living. And I want that to be true of me and you. So let's continue to follow him.
Verses 7 says, "Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness."
Yes, that is where real love, wisdom and knowledge comes from, And yes, we can know him! Yes, yes! #todaysbeginning

Comments
Post a Comment