Psalm 69:32 (NLT), "The humble will see their God at work and be glad, Let all who seek God's help be encouraged."
Wednesday... So this is how we turn it around.
Life has its negatives and some of us don't know how to turn them around. We are controlled by our negatives.
Now I read a Psalm in the Old Testament of the Bible every day. King David wrote a big portion of these Psalms and his personality comes through.
Here is what he says in the first verses of Psalm 69. In 69:1-3 he says, "Save me, O God, for the floodwaters are up to my neck. Deeper and deeper I sink into the mire; I can't find a foothold. I am in deep water, and the floods overwhelm me. I am exhausted from crying for help; my throat is parched. My eyes are swollen with weeping, waiting for my God to help me."
It is so good to read his honesty. Yes as we read David's story we do see that he really had it rough and this was his response but he doesn't stay there. He turns his view around. Yes, he shows us how to turn it around.
In verse 32 he writes, "The humble will see their God at work and be glad, Let all who seek God's help be encouraged." Yes, this is the same man in the same Psalm. He turned his view around. "Deeper and deeper I sink into the mire; I can't find a foothold. I am in deep water, and the floods overwhelm me."
Maybe that is where you are today. Now he needed God as we do to turn his view around. And this is so important, "Let all who seek God's help be encouraged." That's how to turn it around.
Yes, we need to see that God is at work no matter what we are going through. We need to change our picture from "Deeper and deeper I sink into the mire; I can't find a foothold. I am in deep water, and the floods overwhelm me." to "The humble will see their God at work and be glad, Let all who seek God's help be encouraged." Yes there is a totally different picture in this Psalm.
Verses 29-30 says, "I am suffering and in pain. Rescue me, O God, by your saving power. Then I will praise God's name with singing and I will honor him with thanksgiving."
So let's turn our view around. Yes, "Let all who seek God's help be encouraged." Yes, yes! #todaysbeginning

Comments
Post a Comment