Psalm 68:3 (AMP), "So let the righteous be glad; let them be in good spirits before God, yes, let them rejoice with delight."
Tuesday... There is so much more.
Some would say that they will not read the Old Testament of the Bible because all it tells us is that God is angry. Ok, ok, I can understand that attitude but if you have read the whole OT you will see there is more to it than that.
Look at Psalm 68:3. Here is what the Amplified Bible says, "So let the righteous be glad; let them be in good spirits before God, yes, let them rejoice with delight."
Now if you just read verses 1-2 this is what they say, "Let God arise, and His enemies be scattered; Let those who hate Him flee before Him. As smoke is driven away, so drive them away; As wax melts before the fire, so let the wicked and guilty perish before [the presence of] God." But if we stopped there then we would miss verse 3 which says, "So let the righteous be glad; let them be in good spirits before God, yes, let them rejoice with delight." You see, we have a choice.
Now over in the New Testament in 2 Corinthians 7 (NLT) Paul says this about a difficult letter, 1 Corinthians, that he had sent to the church in Corinth. He says, "I am not sorry that I sent that severe letter to you, though I was sorry at first, for I know it was painful to you for a little while." He goes on in verse 9a, "Now I am glad I sent it, not because it hurt you, but because the pain caused you to repent and change your ways."
We need the Old Testament because it tells us why God out of love sent Jesus to the earth to die for us as a sacrifice for our sins. And yes, we are glad for the Old Testament. Yes it shows God's anger but for sure it also shows his love for us.
Now verses 9b-10 continues to say, "It was the kind of sorrow God wants his people to have, so you were not harmed by us in any way. For the kind of sorrow God wants us to experience leads us away from sin and results in salvation. There's no regret for that kind of sorrow. But wordly sorrow, which lacks repentance, results in spiritual death." We need to know that.
Now back to Psalm 68. Verse 4 (AMP) continues, "Sing to God, sing praises to His name; Lift up a song for Him who rides through the desert - His name is the LORD - be in good spirits before Him."
I love reading the Psalms. I really do. As verse 3 says, "So let the righteous be glad; let them be in good spirits before God." And that is how I want to start my day. Yes, yes! #todaysbeginning

Comments
Post a Comment