Psalm 71:5-6a, (MSG), "For you are my hope, O Lord GOD, my confidence from my youth. I have leaned on You since birth."
Friday... A day of remembering.
Yes, this is a day of remembering. I remember where I was 25 years ago when I heard the news. On September 11, 2001 19 al-Qaeda terrorists hijacked four commercial airplanes to carry out coordinated suicide attacks in the United States. I was living in Las Vegas at the time but we later moved to Long Island in New York where we knew people who were affected by the attack on the World Trade Center. Yes I remember where I was when I heard about it. That was definitely a difficult day.
But at my age there are so many memories. Now David writes in Psalm 71:5-6a (MSG), "For you are my hope, O Lord GOD, my confidence from my youth. I have leaned on You since birth." Even in days like 9/11 that is true. And in so many times I have leaned on God. "Yes, I have leaned on You since birth." And that is such a privilege.
I was born into a home of a minster. My dad through a big portion of my childhood was a traveling evangelist. I was born in Huntington, West Virginia and within 3 months we were back on the road. There were definetly lots of memories and hope and confidence and I have leaned on God from birth.
Now of course there have been times such as 9/11 and I'm sure you have gone through other difficult times but David also writes in verses 17-18, "O God, You have taught me from my youth, and to this day I proclaim Your marvelous deeds. Even when I am old and gray, do not forsake me, O God, until I proclaim Your power to the next generation, Your might to all who are to come."
And please know this even on this day, verse 19, "Your righteousness reaches to the heavens, O God, You have done great things. Who, O God, is like You?" And the answer is, No one! No one is like You.
So to the person who follows God, each day can be a day of hope no matter what happens. And O Lord GOD, You are my confidence and we can lean on You, no matter what happens. Yes, yes! #todaysbeginning

Comments
Post a Comment