Psalm 49:2-3 (NLT), "High and low, rich and poor - listen! For my words are wise and my thoughts are filled with insight."
Wednesday... This is what I needed.
Where do you go when you need answers to your situation? I'm at that point today and after my time of focused prayer I read these verses. Psalm 49:2-3 (NLT) says, "High and low, rich and poor - listen! For my words are wise and my thoughts are filled with insight."
Have you found that prayer and God's Word really do go together? It is basically a conversation with God. Yes the Lord's Spirit does speak directly to us but He also speaks through His written Word, the Bible. He quickens our heart through His Word. And that is what happened as I read this Psalm. "High and low, rich and poor - listen! For my words are wise and my thoughts are filled with insight."
Now the listen part is so important especially when you are reading the Bible.
Now I needed what it said, "listen! For my words are wise and my thoughts are filled with insight." In what we are going through, I needed both, wisdom and insight.
Now verse 4 is interesting. It says, "I listen carefully to many proverbs and solve riddles with inspiration from a harp." There is more than just reading, there is listening carefully. God uses so many different ways to speak to us but what use is it if we don't listen carefully and He even inspires through music. And yes, I have some riddles that need to be solved.
Now verse 20 is good. The Message says, "A man who has riches without understanding is like the beast that perish." Yes there is more to life than riches. There really is.
Verses 1-4 in The Message says, "Hear this, all you peoples; listen, all inhabitants of the world, both rich and poor alike. My mouth will impart wisdom, and the meditation of my heart will bring understanding. I will incline my ear to a proverb; I will express my riddle with the harp." He wants to speak to us and He wants us to speak to Him.
Yes, this is what I needed, I needed a reminder. Yes, yes! #todaysbeginning

Comments
Post a Comment