Psalm 56:8 (NLT), "You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book."
Wednesday... There are so many annoyances in life.
Now King David wrote Psalm 56 and he knows all about annoyances and even more. In verses 5 & 6 (AMP) he writes, "All day long they twist my words and say hurtful things; All their thoughts are against me for evil. They attack, they hide and lurk, they watch my steps, as they have [expectantly] waited to take my life."
Now this is King David. We as ordinary people probably don't have people out to get us but we all do have annoyances in our life. For sure, I would never want to be the President but it is so good to have David tell us what he goes through and how he handles it.
I'm sure we do have people who seem to twist our words and that definitely is an annoyance so what do we do? Well, David in verse 8 (NLT) gives some encouraging words. He says, in talking about God, "You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book."
It is so easy to say that no one cares but here David says that God cares. David says, "You keep track of all my sorrows."
In verses 1-2 (NLT) he writes, " O God, have mercy on me, for people are hounding me. My foes attack me all day long. I am constantly hounded my those who slander me, and many are boldly attacking me."
And he goes on in verses 3-4, "But when I am afraid, I will put my trust in you. I praise God, so why should I be afraid? What can mere mortals do to me?" I know fear goes beyond annoyance but still why should I be afraid and why should I be annoyed. We have God on our side. That is a tremendous benefit to having God in our life. He makes all the difference even in the annoyances of life.
So remember verse 8, "You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book." Yes, He knows and He keeps tract. Just an encouraging word for today. Yes, yes! #todaysbeginning

Comments
Post a Comment