Skip to main content

Wednesday... So where does it come from?



1 Corinthians 4:20 (NLT), "For the Kingdom of God is not just a lot of talk; it is living by God's power."

Wednesday... So where does it come from?

Earlier in this chapter Paul says in verse 3, "As for me, it matters very little how I might be evaluated by you or by any human authority. I don't even trust my own judgement on this point." So where are we evaluated? So where does it come from?

We, a few years back were going to buy a travel trailer and of course we needed a vehicle that could pull it. Now it is easy to evaluate the right pickup on level ground but real power is needed going up a mountain. That is where we needed the power. So that is where it must be and is evaluated.


Have you thought that where most people evaluate their relationship with God is through the good times? But verse 20 says, "For the Kingdom of God is not just a lot of talk; it is living by God's power." Those mountains you are facing is where your living by God's power is shown and evaluated. Again verse 3 says, "As for me, it matters very little how I might be evaluated by you or by any human authority. I don't even trust my own judgement on this point."


The writer of Psalm 42 says in verses 6-8, "Now I am deeply discouraged, but I will remember you - even from distant Mount Hermon, the source of the Jordan, from the land of Mount Mizar. I hear the tumult of the raging seas as your waves and surging tides weep over me. But each day the LORD pours his unfailing love upon me, and through the night I sing his songs, praying to God who gives me life."

Yes we need to remember who our source is and where our power to face life especially in the mountains comes from. As Paul says, "For the Kingdom of God is not just a lot of talk; it is living by God's power." And where do we realize we need it and have it, it is in the times of living where we need God's power.

A car will have trouble pulling a 24 foot travel trailer up a mountain and the same is true in our difficulties in our life, we need God's power in difficult time?

Psalm 42:11 (AMP) says, "Why are you in despair, O my soul? Why have you become restless and disquieted within me? Hope in God and wait expectantly for Him, for I shall praise Him, the help of my confidence and my God." Yes, we live by God's power. Yes, yes! #todaysbeginning

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday... We have this hope of expectancy.

Psalm 5:3 (NLT), "Listen to my voice in the morning Lord. Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly." Friday... We have this hope of expectancy. Now David found a great way to start his day. He says in Psalm 5:1-3 (NLT), "O LORD, hear me as I pray." And that is a great place to start. It really is. Morning sunrise He goes on, "Listen to my cry for help, my King, my God, for I pray to no one but you." And that is so important. We don't try to pump ourselves up by ourself. No, we pray to no one but you, God, my LORD, my King. Now this relationship with God is so, so very important. And then David says, "Listen to my voice in the morning, LORD. Each morning I bring my requests to you" And that is so great. And then he says, "and wait expectantly." Yes, we have this hope of expectancy. We are experienced. That is what a relationship with God and a moment by moment connection does. It makes a difference in our daily wa...

Friday... Yes, we can know this to be true.

Psalm 12:6 (NLT), "The Lord's promises are pure, like silver refined in a furnace, purified seven times over." Friday... Yes, we can know this to be true. Maybe this is what you want to say in this day in which we live. Psalm 12:1-2 (MSG) says, "Quick, I need your helping hand! The last decent person just went down, all the friends I depend on gone. Everyone talks in lie language; lies slide off their oily lips. They doubletalk with forked tongues." Do you ever feel that way?" Have you found that to be true? Well David the writer of this Psalm continues and says in verse 6 something to encourage us, to lift us up, to give us hope. Psalm 12:6 (NLT) says, "The Lord's promises are pure, like silver refined in a furnace, purified seven times over." The Message Paraphrase says verses 6-8 this way, "God's words are pure words, pure silver words refined seven times in the fires of his word-kiln, pure on earth as well as in heaven, God, keep ...

Wednesday... It is amazing what we can see.

Psalm 3:3a (NLT), "But you, O LORD, are a shield around me." Wednesday... It is amazing what we can see. And what we see does make such a difference in our day. Now David, he writer of Psalm 3 starts this Psalm this way. He says in verse 1 (NLT), "O Lord, I have so many enemies; so many are against me." Yes, he is saying this to the LORD, the one he serves. Verse 2 says, "So many are saying, 'God will never rescue him!'" And that is so true with that outlook. So many of us get out of bed with that outlook every morning. It is amazing what we can see. Now I woke up this morning and eventually found myself outside on my couch with my Bible and I read this outlook in verses 1-2 from David. But I didn't stop there and neither did David. But that is an easy place to stop, isn't it? And it is true. Yes, David didn't stop there. Verses 3-4 says, "But you, O LORD, are a shield around me; you are my glory, the one who holds my head high. I...