Skip to main content

Tuesday... That is a different slant.


Psalm 41:11 (NIV), "I know that you are pleased with me, for my enemy does not triumph over me."

Tuesday... That is a different slant.

I love the honesty of David. He writes in Psalm 41:11 (NIV), "I know that you are pleased with me, for my enemy does not triumph over me."


Now it is important for us to see there will be enemies in our life. There will be people who will strive to bring us down because of our belief and also just because of who we are. We may have a wrong thought that because we serve a God who is all powerful that we will have no problems, no enemies. That if God loves us then he will take care of all the bad around us and that is how he shows he is pleased with us.


Yes, David gives us a different slant. Again he says, "I know that you are pleased with me, for my enemy does not triumph over me." And that means there is someone out there who is striving to bring us down. And that is true during this time in which we are living.

Now, there is one that we want to be popular with. "I know that you are pleased with me, for my enemy does not triumph over me." By the way, Jesus, God's Son was killed. From a human standpoint that sounds like his enemies definitely triumphed over him. But they didn't from God's view.

Over in Jeremiah 11:18-19 he writes, "Then the LORD told me about the plots my enemies were making against me. I was like a lamb being led to the slaughter. I had no idea that they were planning to kill me! 'Let's destroy this man and all his words,' they said. 'Let's cut him down, so his name will be forgotten forever.'" But he held steady with the message that God had for him to give. I am reading the book of Jeremiah right now and it is a very tough message. But it pleased God.

Now the New International Reader's Version translates verse 11 this way, "Then I will know that you are pleased with me, because my enemies haven't won the battle over me." Yes there will be battles but God will win.

Remember, Jesus was killed but he was resurrected in three days. Yes, Paul was in battle after battle but he didn't run away. He wrote a big portion of the New Testament and he was a great witness as a prisoner in Rome.

"Then I will know that you are pleased with me, because my enemies haven't won the battle over me." And that is what we want, isn't it? We want the LORD to be pleased with us. Yes, thank you God for being pleased with me no matter what I am going through.

And Psalm 41:13 (NLT) says, "Praise the LORD, the God of Israel, who lives from everlasting to everlasting. Amen and amen!" Yes, yes! #todaysbeginning

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday... We have this hope of expectancy.

Psalm 5:3 (NLT), "Listen to my voice in the morning Lord. Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly." Friday... We have this hope of expectancy. Now David found a great way to start his day. He says in Psalm 5:1-3 (NLT), "O LORD, hear me as I pray." And that is a great place to start. It really is. Morning sunrise He goes on, "Listen to my cry for help, my King, my God, for I pray to no one but you." And that is so important. We don't try to pump ourselves up by ourself. No, we pray to no one but you, God, my LORD, my King. Now this relationship with God is so, so very important. And then David says, "Listen to my voice in the morning, LORD. Each morning I bring my requests to you" And that is so great. And then he says, "and wait expectantly." Yes, we have this hope of expectancy. We are experienced. That is what a relationship with God and a moment by moment connection does. It makes a difference in our daily wa...

Friday... Yes, we can know this to be true.

Psalm 12:6 (NLT), "The Lord's promises are pure, like silver refined in a furnace, purified seven times over." Friday... Yes, we can know this to be true. Maybe this is what you want to say in this day in which we live. Psalm 12:1-2 (MSG) says, "Quick, I need your helping hand! The last decent person just went down, all the friends I depend on gone. Everyone talks in lie language; lies slide off their oily lips. They doubletalk with forked tongues." Do you ever feel that way?" Have you found that to be true? Well David the writer of this Psalm continues and says in verse 6 something to encourage us, to lift us up, to give us hope. Psalm 12:6 (NLT) says, "The Lord's promises are pure, like silver refined in a furnace, purified seven times over." The Message Paraphrase says verses 6-8 this way, "God's words are pure words, pure silver words refined seven times in the fires of his word-kiln, pure on earth as well as in heaven, God, keep ...

Wednesday... It is amazing what we can see.

Psalm 3:3a (NLT), "But you, O LORD, are a shield around me." Wednesday... It is amazing what we can see. And what we see does make such a difference in our day. Now David, he writer of Psalm 3 starts this Psalm this way. He says in verse 1 (NLT), "O Lord, I have so many enemies; so many are against me." Yes, he is saying this to the LORD, the one he serves. Verse 2 says, "So many are saying, 'God will never rescue him!'" And that is so true with that outlook. So many of us get out of bed with that outlook every morning. It is amazing what we can see. Now I woke up this morning and eventually found myself outside on my couch with my Bible and I read this outlook in verses 1-2 from David. But I didn't stop there and neither did David. But that is an easy place to stop, isn't it? And it is true. Yes, David didn't stop there. Verses 3-4 says, "But you, O LORD, are a shield around me; you are my glory, the one who holds my head high. I...