Skip to main content

Monday... Let's stop, look and listen.


Psalm 33:6 (NLT), "The LORD merely spoke, and the heavens were created. He breathed the word, and all the stars were born."

Monday... Let's stop, look and listen.


The writer of Psalm 33 in verse 6 (NLT) says, "The LORD merely spoke, and the heavens were created. He breathed and all the stars were born."



I, know, I know he worked a miracle when he made you and me but, and this is so important, but we don't have what it takes to do it all. No matter what we are facing it is not all up to us. Oh we have great ability and it is amazing what we can do, and yes the LORD created us but stop and look at this.


Now it really does help for us to believe that God created the heavens and the earth and that he created you and me. And then to realize that he merely spoke and the heavens were created and to me that really makes a difference in what I am facing today.

Yes, we do have such potential but in no way can I merely speak and what I am facing is taken care of but God has what it takes.

Now in reading my Bible everyday it continually speaks words of encouragement that I need.

Verse 4a says, "For the word of the LORD holds true, and we can trust everything he does." His word holds true and we can trust everything he does.

Verse 20 says, "We put our hope in the LORD. He is our help and shield."

Now God uses so many different ways to encourage us but there is always a part that we must do.

There were these old signs at every railroad crossing that said, Stop, Look and Listen. There was a part for us to do in not getting hit by a train and that is true in our being encouraged and directed by God. Yes, we too must Stop, Look and Listen. And in my reading that is what I did. Verse 6 caught my attention, the words, "merely spoke" spoke to me in a situation that Margaret and I are facing. I Stopped, I Looked and I Listened. The LORD gave me two words of encouragement. We are not in this alone and God has what it takes to take care of our situation. "The LORD merely spoke, and the heavens were created." Yes, he can take care of what we are facing.

So let's stop and spend time looking in his Word and then listen to what he wants to say to us. And that makes a big difference in our daily walk through each day of our life.

Yes, "The LORD merely spoke, and the heavens were created. He breathed the word, and all the stars were born." So let's stop, look and listen to what the LORD has to say to us today. Yes, yes! #todaysbeginning

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday... We have this hope of expectancy.

Psalm 5:3 (NLT), "Listen to my voice in the morning Lord. Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly." Friday... We have this hope of expectancy. Now David found a great way to start his day. He says in Psalm 5:1-3 (NLT), "O LORD, hear me as I pray." And that is a great place to start. It really is. Morning sunrise He goes on, "Listen to my cry for help, my King, my God, for I pray to no one but you." And that is so important. We don't try to pump ourselves up by ourself. No, we pray to no one but you, God, my LORD, my King. Now this relationship with God is so, so very important. And then David says, "Listen to my voice in the morning, LORD. Each morning I bring my requests to you" And that is so great. And then he says, "and wait expectantly." Yes, we have this hope of expectancy. We are experienced. That is what a relationship with God and a moment by moment connection does. It makes a difference in our daily wa...

Friday... Yes, we can know this to be true.

Psalm 12:6 (NLT), "The Lord's promises are pure, like silver refined in a furnace, purified seven times over." Friday... Yes, we can know this to be true. Maybe this is what you want to say in this day in which we live. Psalm 12:1-2 (MSG) says, "Quick, I need your helping hand! The last decent person just went down, all the friends I depend on gone. Everyone talks in lie language; lies slide off their oily lips. They doubletalk with forked tongues." Do you ever feel that way?" Have you found that to be true? Well David the writer of this Psalm continues and says in verse 6 something to encourage us, to lift us up, to give us hope. Psalm 12:6 (NLT) says, "The Lord's promises are pure, like silver refined in a furnace, purified seven times over." The Message Paraphrase says verses 6-8 this way, "God's words are pure words, pure silver words refined seven times in the fires of his word-kiln, pure on earth as well as in heaven, God, keep ...

Wednesday... It is amazing what we can see.

Psalm 3:3a (NLT), "But you, O LORD, are a shield around me." Wednesday... It is amazing what we can see. And what we see does make such a difference in our day. Now David, he writer of Psalm 3 starts this Psalm this way. He says in verse 1 (NLT), "O Lord, I have so many enemies; so many are against me." Yes, he is saying this to the LORD, the one he serves. Verse 2 says, "So many are saying, 'God will never rescue him!'" And that is so true with that outlook. So many of us get out of bed with that outlook every morning. It is amazing what we can see. Now I woke up this morning and eventually found myself outside on my couch with my Bible and I read this outlook in verses 1-2 from David. But I didn't stop there and neither did David. But that is an easy place to stop, isn't it? And it is true. Yes, David didn't stop there. Verses 3-4 says, "But you, O LORD, are a shield around me; you are my glory, the one who holds my head high. I...