Psalm 54:4 (NIRV), "But I know that God helps me. The Lord is the one who keeps me going."
Monday... He is the one who keeps me going.
And that is definitely the truth.
Now David wrote Psalm 54. And it was during a very tough time.
It seems there were these men from Ziph who went to King Saul and told him that David was hiding from him among them. Saul wanted to kill David because he knew that God has chosen David to be the new King. And these guys told Saul where he was. And David must have know it.
So David started this Psalm in verse 1 (NIV) saying, "Save me, O God, by your name; vindicate me by your might. Hear my prayer, O God; listen to my words." Now he could pray this prayer because of verse 4 (NIRV), "But I know that God helps me. The Lord is the one who keeps me going."
Yes, that is a great fact to know when we are going through tough times. Do you know that? Is that true of you? Well David knew it was true because the Lord definitely was the one who kept him going.
I was awaken early this morning with so many thoughts going through my mind. We really aren't going through a tough time but this fact kept going through my mind, that if any one lacks wisdom then let him ask God. And that was where I turned in prayer. And then in my reading this morning this verse stood out to me. Now I read it first in the NIV and it says there, "But God is my helper. The Lord keeps me alive." And then later I read the NIRV and it said, "But I know that God helps me. The Lord is the one who keeps me going." And that is so true.
Have you found that it is so important to read the Bible on a daily basis? As you read, the Holy Spirit places those verses in your mind to be brought out in times of need. That is one of the ways that the Lord keeps us going.
The Amplified Bible says verse 4 this way, "Behold, God is my helper and ally; The LORD is the sustainer of my soul [my upholder]."
Let me ask you, "What keeps you going?" Let me introduce you to the Lord to whom you can pray "Save me, O God, by your name; vindicate me by your might. Hear my prayer, O God; listen to my words." "Because the Lord is the one who keeps me going." And I can testify to that fact.
Yes, "But I know that God helps me. The Lord is the one who keeps me going."
And in verse 7 (NLT), Davids ends this Psalm saying, "For you have rescued me from my troubles and helped me to triumph over my enemies." And that is so true. Yes, yes! #todaysbeginning

Comments
Post a Comment