Skip to main content

Wednesday... It isn't always a good thing to compare, but...


Psalm 119:100 (AMP), "I understand more than the aged [who have not observed Your precepts], because I have observed and kept Your precepts."

Wednesday... It isn't always a good thing to compare, but...

I really do appreciate the life that God has brought me through. My birthday on Monday says that I have been living a long time. Now it isn't always a good thing to compare but I have really been privileged to have been exposed to God and his Word, the Bible.


Now Psalm 119:100 (AMP) caught my attention as I was reading the Bible today. It says, "I understand more than the aged [who have not observed Your precepts], because I have observed and kept Your precepts." And I can say that too!


Some are not as old as I am but everyone has the potential to observe God's precepts and live by them and I want to tell you from my experience that it will make all the difference in your life.

Look at this, verses 100-101 in the New Living Translation says, "I am wiser than my elders. for I have kept your commandments. I have refused to walk on any evil path, so that I may remain obediant to your word." And that is so, so important.

Verse 98 in The Message says, "Your commandments give me an edge on my enemies; they never become obsolete."

Verse 101, "I watch my step, avoiding ditches and ruts of evil so I can spend all my time keeping your Word." Can you see, how much of a difference that can and will make in our lives?

Verse 102, "I never make detours from the route you laid out; you gave me such good directions."

Now this is the Psalmist writing this but I have found it to be so true.

Verse 104 (NLT), "Your commandments give me understanding; no wonder I hate every false way of life." And then verse 105, "Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path."

Living by God's Word and His Spirit makes all the different in our lives. Yes, there have been some tough times in there but at the age of 79 I can say this is so very true. So don't just give Him your life but spend time in God's Word, the Bible and live by what it says. And by the way His Holy Spirit will direct and strengthen you. So, listen to Him! Yes, yes! #todaysbeginning


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday... Maybe we need this word today.

Psalm 57:1b (NIRV), "There I will stay until the danger is gone." Thursday... Maybe we need this word today. There are words in life that give us confidence no matter what we are facing. Now we have to believe them in order for them to have an impact. David wrote Psalm 57 while he was in a cave hiding from Saul who wanted to kill him and he says in the last part of verse 1, "There I will stay." It was a safe place and Saul didn't know that he was there. But he doesn't stop there. With confidence he said, "There I will stay until." And until is definitely a word of faith and confidence. "There I will stay until the danger is gone." Do we need that today? Let me give you the whole verse. In verse 1 David says, "Have mercy on me, God. Have mercy on me." And that is a great place to start in times of trouble. Maybe that is what we need to pray today, "Have mercy on me, God. Have mercy on me." It is so great to have someone...

Tuesday... We just have trouble listening.

1 Corinthians 13:7 (NLT), "Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance." Tuesday... We just have trouble listening. Over in Jeremiah 25:4 (NLT) it says, "Again and again the LORD has sent you his servants, the prophets, but you have not listened or even paid attention." And Jeremiah went on to tell what was going to happen. There will be consequences if we do not listen to what God says through his Word. Now the Apostle Paul over in 1 Corinthians was having a problem with some professed Christ followers who were having trouble at listening. And we too can have problems at listening. We can think that being a Christ follower means we do a lot of finger pointing and we give up on people who don't do what we say. We can even do that in our families. But Paul writes in 1 Corinthians 13:7 (NLT), "Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance." In verse ...

Friday... It is so exciting but wait a minute.

Proverbs 19:2 (NLT), "Enthusiasm without knowledge is no good; haste makes mistakes." Friday... It is so exciting but wait a minute. This time of the year is so exciting. We get our paycheck from work and then we head to the store or Amazon and buy and buy and buy all those presents and then our check is gone Proverbs 19:2 (NLT) says, "Enthusiasm without knowledge is no good; haste makes mistakes." But buying gifts can be so much fun and seeing how happy they are when opening those presents makes us feel so good. But then verse 3 says, "People ruin their lives by their own foolishness and then they are angry at the Lord." Now for some that is their life. They get money and they spend it on their wants with no thought of what needs to be paid. An important lesson that we have learned is just because you have money in the bank doesn't mean you must spend it. But our enthusiasm takes over. But the problem is when it is gone and there is no money to pay th...