Psalm 135:5-6 (NLT), "I know the greatness of the LORD - that our Lord is greater than any other god. The LORD does whatever pleases him throughout all heaven and earth, and on the seas and in the depth."
Monday... Yes He does.
Psalm 135:5-6 (NLT) says, "I know the greatness of the LORD - that our Lord is greater than any other god. The LORD does whatever pleases him throughout all heaven and earth, and on the seas and in the depth."
He really does and we can possibly have some problem with it.
Now hold on to that.
I also read this over in Isaiah 45:5 and it says, "I have equipped you for battle, though you don't even know me." Yes, God has equipped people in so many different ways and they don't even know Him.
Ok, I know God is greater than any other god and I do see that He does whatever He pleases but we can have problems with the fact that He will equip people and they may not even know him.
There are times in our lives when we see him working in other's lives but we are having so many problems and we are so obedient and we are followers of Him. That is true, isn't it?
Now Isaiah later says in verse 11, "This is what the LORD says - the Holy One of Israel is your Creator; 'Do you question what I do for my children? Do you give me orders about the work of my hands."
And that is a great question and we need to really be honest in ourselves. Again the Lord asks, "Do you give me orders about the work of my hands."
I was having some problems along this line this past weekend. But in my time of reading the three chapters in the Bible this morning, spending time in prayer and meditation on them and then on my drive to where I am now and again reading these chapters again, God's Spirit opened my ears and my eyes.
It is so easy for us to be so off focus until the Holy Spirit wakes us up to the realities of our self-centeredness and also of who God is and what He has the right to do. Yes, He knows what He is doing.
I was having one of those times. Thinking that all God does in my life is for me. I didn't see that His blessings on my life may be for me to bless others and that He has control of my future. God knows what he is doing.
Now I'm not going to go into details but we need to be reminded of who God is and what He can do and that we may not know at the time the why but that He can be trusted.
Yes, "our Lord is greater than any other god" and "God has equipped people in so many different ways and they don't even know Him" and he asks us, "Do you question what I do for my children? Do you give me orders about the work of my hands."
And that is right to the point. God is our LORD and He knows what He is doing. And we really do need to trust Him. Yes, yes! #todaysbeginning

Comments
Post a Comment