Skip to main content

Monday... This is so important for us to know.


Psalm 142:3a (NLT), "When I am overwhelmed, you alone know the way I should turn."

Monday... This is so important for us to know.

King David writes in Psalm 142:3a (NLT), "When I am overwhelmed, you alone know the way I should turn."


Now David was a King and I am not a King. I mean, there is no way that I know what a king knows. I'm really surprised that he is overwhelmed but of course he knows the way to turn. He is a King. And that is the way so many people think.


Well, David was a different kind of King. He didn't have all the answers but knew who did and we can know who it is, too.

In verse 1 he says, "I cry out to the LORD; I plead for the LORD's mercy." In verse 2 he continues, "I pour out my complaints before him and tell him all my troubles."

Now verse 4 says. "I look for someone to come and help me, but no one gives me a passing thought! No one will help me; no one cares a bit what happens to me." And that is how we feel so many times, isn't it?

But here, this is so important for us to know. In those times when David felt this way, and yes, even as a King he did, when he was so overwhelmed, he did this and we can too. Verse 5 says, "Then I pray to you, O LORD. I say, 'You are my place of refuge. You are all I really want in life.'" And verse 6 goes on to say, "Hear my cry, for I am very low. Rescue me from my persecutors, for they are too strong for me." And no one is stronger than our LORD and He cares about what we are going through and we can pray to Him.

And then verse 7 (AMP) says, "Bring my soul out of prison (adversity), so that I may give thanks and praise Your name; The righteous will surround me [in triumph]. For You will look after me." And the NLT says, "for you are so good to me." And that is so true.

Listen, we don't have to be a King. And that is so important for us to know. Yes, "When I am overwhelmed, you alone know the way I should turn." Yes, yes! #todaysbeginning


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday... Maybe we need this word today.

Psalm 57:1b (NIRV), "There I will stay until the danger is gone." Thursday... Maybe we need this word today. There are words in life that give us confidence no matter what we are facing. Now we have to believe them in order for them to have an impact. David wrote Psalm 57 while he was in a cave hiding from Saul who wanted to kill him and he says in the last part of verse 1, "There I will stay." It was a safe place and Saul didn't know that he was there. But he doesn't stop there. With confidence he said, "There I will stay until." And until is definitely a word of faith and confidence. "There I will stay until the danger is gone." Do we need that today? Let me give you the whole verse. In verse 1 David says, "Have mercy on me, God. Have mercy on me." And that is a great place to start in times of trouble. Maybe that is what we need to pray today, "Have mercy on me, God. Have mercy on me." It is so great to have someone...

Tuesday... We just have trouble listening.

1 Corinthians 13:7 (NLT), "Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance." Tuesday... We just have trouble listening. Over in Jeremiah 25:4 (NLT) it says, "Again and again the LORD has sent you his servants, the prophets, but you have not listened or even paid attention." And Jeremiah went on to tell what was going to happen. There will be consequences if we do not listen to what God says through his Word. Now the Apostle Paul over in 1 Corinthians was having a problem with some professed Christ followers who were having trouble at listening. And we too can have problems at listening. We can think that being a Christ follower means we do a lot of finger pointing and we give up on people who don't do what we say. We can even do that in our families. But Paul writes in 1 Corinthians 13:7 (NLT), "Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance." In verse ...

Friday... It is so exciting but wait a minute.

Proverbs 19:2 (NLT), "Enthusiasm without knowledge is no good; haste makes mistakes." Friday... It is so exciting but wait a minute. This time of the year is so exciting. We get our paycheck from work and then we head to the store or Amazon and buy and buy and buy all those presents and then our check is gone Proverbs 19:2 (NLT) says, "Enthusiasm without knowledge is no good; haste makes mistakes." But buying gifts can be so much fun and seeing how happy they are when opening those presents makes us feel so good. But then verse 3 says, "People ruin their lives by their own foolishness and then they are angry at the Lord." Now for some that is their life. They get money and they spend it on their wants with no thought of what needs to be paid. An important lesson that we have learned is just because you have money in the bank doesn't mean you must spend it. But our enthusiasm takes over. But the problem is when it is gone and there is no money to pay th...