Skip to main content

Tuesday... This is so comforting!


Tuesday... This is so comforting!

David writes in Psalm 66:9 (NLT) "Our lives are in his hands, and he keeps our feet from stumbling." Isn't that great?


Now the key is to listen to his voice. Yes, his Spirit is one of the voices that is always going through our minds especially during times of temptation. God will always give us a way around those places where we might stumble but we still must listen and follow what he says.

As you know, there are so many voices in our mind that are craving for attention and many of them are so loud but God's voice is a still small voice but it is there. We just have to search or as the railroad sign say, Stop, Look and Listen.

Also, many times those places of stumbling are tests. Verse 10 says, "You have tested us, Oh God; you have purified us like silver." Those times of testing build into us a deeper sensitivity to listen and do what his Spirit tells us to do. 

We have a leak in our sprinklers. We live in a desert so we need sprinklers because we do not have much rain. Now I didn't realize that we had two leaks until I got the water bill and saw there was a problem. If I had been more careful and looking for potential problems, I would have saved a bunch of money. So we have a couple of guys outside right now taking care of the problem.

Now the Holy Spirit not only strives to keep us from stumbling he also shows us where we stumbled if we didn't listen and also how to handle it and he forgives us when we need to be forgiven and ask for it. 

Verses 8-12 in The Messages says, "Bless our God, O peoples! Give him a thunderous welcome! Didn't he set us on the road to life? Didn't he keep us out of the ditch? He trained us first, passed us like silver through refining fires, brought us into hardscabble country, pushed us to our very limit, road-tested us inside and out, took us to hell and back; Finally he brought us to this well-watered place."

Now to me, that is so comforting. God through his Spirit knows what he is doing and he knows where we are going. There are so many benefits to having a personal relationship with God. He through his Spirit living in our heart and lives will and does make an unbelievable difference. And that is so comforting. Yes, yes! #todaysbeginning

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday... It is so worth it. It really is!

Tuesday... It is so worth it. It really is! Look at this, Proverbs 5:21-23 (CEV) says, "The Lord sees everything, and he watches us closely. Sinners are trapped and caught by their own evil deeds. They get lost and die because of their foolishness and lack of self-control." That is true of so many. Now look at this, Luke 15:1-7 says, "Tax collectors and sinners were all crowding around to listen to Jesus. So the Pharisees and the teachers of the Law of Moses started grumbling, 'This man is friendly with sinners. He even eats with them.' Then Jesus told them this story: If any of you has 100 sheep, and one of them gets lost, what will you do? Won't you leave the 99 in the field and go look for the lost sheep until you find it? And when you find it, you will put it on your shoulder and carry it home. Then you will call in your friends and neighbors and say, 'Let's celebrate! I've found my lost sheep.' Jesus said, 'In the same way there is mo

Monday... Three ifs and two thens. They go together!

Monday... Three ifs and two thens. They go together! They really do. And this is what caught my attention this morning as I was reading Proverbs 2. Verse 1 (NRSVUE) says, "My child, if you accept my words and treasure my commands within you." Verse 3 (NIV), "Indeed i f you call  out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, Verse 4, and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, Verse 5, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God." And verses 9-11, " Then you will understand what is right and just and fair - every good path. For wisdom will enter your heart, and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul. Discretion will protect you, and understanding will guard you." There will always be some effort we must do, some ifs for the thens to be realized in our lives. So many of us want to understand without the ifs. But the thens are so worth, so very worth the effort. Verses 5-6 in the Ampli

Wednesday... Our unless can turn into useless.

Wednesday... Our unless can turn into useless.  It really can. I have found that unless I give the correct email of my wife then I can't get what I wanted. I put an extra i in her email and I have been working for 5 days to get it changed. Unless has been useless. The writer of Psalm 94 uses this word and shows how important it is. Verses 17-19 (NLT) says, "Unless the Lord had helped me, I would have soon settled in the silence of the grave. I cried out, 'I'm slipping!' but your unfailing love, O Lord, supported me. When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer." "Unless the Lord had helped me." So many people go on and on and on striving to live their life on their own but they keep slipping and doubting and living without hope and cheer. Yes the Lord has such unfailing love for us, he really does but unless we have a relationship with him and we turn to him and ask him for help then the unless turns in to useless because h