Skip to main content

Wednesday... It really does, it really does.


Wednesday... It really does, it really does.

What gets you started every day? I love each morning to go and sit outside on my couch with Turner our dog right beside me and my Bible to read my three chapters and to look up at sky. And the sky is so important to me.

There are three things that gets me closer to God. One is the mountains, another is the ocean and then the sky. I love looking up into the sky. And that was true of David.

In Psalm 19:1 (NLT) David writes, "The heavens proclaim the glory of God. The sky display his craftsmanship." How can a person look up at the sky and its bigness and not believe in God? Now some have an answer to that and I do too. I can't. There must be someone greater than I am that came up with the idea of and created the sky. 

The Amplified Bible says, "The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And the expanse [of heaven] is declaring the work of His hands." 

Paul writes in Romans 1:20-21 (NLT), "For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities - his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God." No excuse. That's how I see it.

David continues. In verses 2-4 he writes, "Day after day they continue to speak; night after night they make him known. They speak without a sound or word; their voice is never heard. Yet their message has gone out throughout the earth, and their words to all the world." So true, so true.

Now there is no ocean here in the desert but there are mountains that surround us and I am sitting here in my coffee shop looking out at the Spring Mountains and Psalm 121:1-2 (MSG) is one of my life verses and it says, "I look up to the mountains; does my strength come from mountains? No, my strength comes from God, who made heaven, and earth, and mountains." "And mountains."

What is it that you are going through today that is way bigger than you. Why not go find a mountain, or an ocean or just look up at the sky.  

"Day after day they continue to speak; night after night they make him known. They speak without a sound or word; their voice is never heard. Yet their message has gone out throughout the earth, and their words to all the world."

Verses 1-4a in The Message says, "God's glory is on tour in the skies, God-craft on display across the horizon. Madame Day holds classes every morning, Professor Night lectures each evening. Their words aren't heard, their voices aren't recorded, but their silence fills the earth: unspoken truth is spoken everywhere."

The One who created all of that wants to have a hand in dealing with that problem you are facing and he can handle it. As 121:1-3 says, ""I look up to the mountains; does my strength come from mountains? No, my strength comes from God, who made heaven, and earth, and mountains." So just reach out and cry out to him. It really, really does make a difference. He really does! Yes, yes! #todaysbeginning

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday... It is so worth it. It really is!

Tuesday... It is so worth it. It really is! Look at this, Proverbs 5:21-23 (CEV) says, "The Lord sees everything, and he watches us closely. Sinners are trapped and caught by their own evil deeds. They get lost and die because of their foolishness and lack of self-control." That is true of so many. Now look at this, Luke 15:1-7 says, "Tax collectors and sinners were all crowding around to listen to Jesus. So the Pharisees and the teachers of the Law of Moses started grumbling, 'This man is friendly with sinners. He even eats with them.' Then Jesus told them this story: If any of you has 100 sheep, and one of them gets lost, what will you do? Won't you leave the 99 in the field and go look for the lost sheep until you find it? And when you find it, you will put it on your shoulder and carry it home. Then you will call in your friends and neighbors and say, 'Let's celebrate! I've found my lost sheep.' Jesus said, 'In the same way there is mo

Monday... Three ifs and two thens. They go together!

Monday... Three ifs and two thens. They go together! They really do. And this is what caught my attention this morning as I was reading Proverbs 2. Verse 1 (NRSVUE) says, "My child, if you accept my words and treasure my commands within you." Verse 3 (NIV), "Indeed i f you call  out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, Verse 4, and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, Verse 5, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God." And verses 9-11, " Then you will understand what is right and just and fair - every good path. For wisdom will enter your heart, and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul. Discretion will protect you, and understanding will guard you." There will always be some effort we must do, some ifs for the thens to be realized in our lives. So many of us want to understand without the ifs. But the thens are so worth, so very worth the effort. Verses 5-6 in the Ampli

Wednesday... Our unless can turn into useless.

Wednesday... Our unless can turn into useless.  It really can. I have found that unless I give the correct email of my wife then I can't get what I wanted. I put an extra i in her email and I have been working for 5 days to get it changed. Unless has been useless. The writer of Psalm 94 uses this word and shows how important it is. Verses 17-19 (NLT) says, "Unless the Lord had helped me, I would have soon settled in the silence of the grave. I cried out, 'I'm slipping!' but your unfailing love, O Lord, supported me. When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer." "Unless the Lord had helped me." So many people go on and on and on striving to live their life on their own but they keep slipping and doubting and living without hope and cheer. Yes the Lord has such unfailing love for us, he really does but unless we have a relationship with him and we turn to him and ask him for help then the unless turns in to useless because h