Skip to main content

Thursday... I will, yes, I will.


Thursday... I will, yes, I will.

Life can really be tough sometimes and we don't always handle it the way we would want to so David in Psalm 101 could be speaking to us.

In verses 1-2 (CEV) he says four I wills. There is a part that we play in every situation that we are in and the I wills can make such a difference in our handling them.


Here is what David says, "I will sing to you, Lord! I will celebrate your kindness and your justice. Please help me learn to do the right thing and I will be honest and fair in my own kingdom."

Now we have no control over what happens to us but we do have control over our response. It has taken me a lifetime of when I go through a negative, a difficult situation to come up with a positive spin to it and the ability to do that has come by spending a lifetime in God's word. Listen, it really does make a difference.

Here are four choices, I will sing, I will celebrate and I will be honest and a silent one, I will ask God for help.

The other chapter I read this morning was John 18. Now this chapter tells of Jesus being arrested, of one of how one of his disciples lead the way to his being arrested. It tells of a night of abuse, of injustice, but Jesus didn't waver, he knew why it was happening. God was in control and he had a purpose and all of this that was happening to Jesus was going to make a difference for all of us. Yes, it was tough but the next day when Jesus was hanging on a cross about to die, it says in Luke 23:43 (NLT), "Jesus said, 'Father, forgive them, for they don't know what they are doing.'" He knew the why and he didn't let what was a major injustice take control, he used it to change the world. "Father, forgive them, for they don't know what they are doing." In other words Jesus said, "I will forgive them." Now that is the greatest positive spin.

Now Psalm 101:1-2 in the New Living Translation says four I wills. "I will sing of your love and justice, Lord. I will praise you with songs. I will be careful to live a blameless life - when will you come to help me? I will lead a life of integrity in my own home."

I love that one line, "when will you come to help me?" Yes there were things that David said he was going to do but he also knew that he needed God's help in God's time. I'm in some trouble here God, and I need some help. But I will do all I can while waiting on you. I will, yes I will and I know in your time that you will. 

I will, yes, I will can take us through whatever we are facing. Yes, yes! #todaysbeginning  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday... It is so worth it. It really is!

Tuesday... It is so worth it. It really is! Look at this, Proverbs 5:21-23 (CEV) says, "The Lord sees everything, and he watches us closely. Sinners are trapped and caught by their own evil deeds. They get lost and die because of their foolishness and lack of self-control." That is true of so many. Now look at this, Luke 15:1-7 says, "Tax collectors and sinners were all crowding around to listen to Jesus. So the Pharisees and the teachers of the Law of Moses started grumbling, 'This man is friendly with sinners. He even eats with them.' Then Jesus told them this story: If any of you has 100 sheep, and one of them gets lost, what will you do? Won't you leave the 99 in the field and go look for the lost sheep until you find it? And when you find it, you will put it on your shoulder and carry it home. Then you will call in your friends and neighbors and say, 'Let's celebrate! I've found my lost sheep.' Jesus said, 'In the same way there is mo

Tuesday... Let's be smart.

Tuesday... Let's be smart. Proverbs 12:16a (CEV) says, "Losing your temper is foolish." It really is. And it is so hard to take it back. That is not smart. There are always consequence when we lose our temper and they are usually not good. Think of the last time you lost your temper at home, at your kids, at your spouse, at your pets. at your life, at where you live, at where you work. There are always repercussions and they are not good.  The New Living Translation says, "A fool is quick-tempered." The Message says, "Fools have short fuses and explode all too quickly." The Amplified Bible says, "The [arrogant] fool's anger is quickly known [because he lacks self-control and common sense]." It just is not a good thing. is it? But then the rest of this verse, this proverb (CEV) says, "ignoring an insult is smart." It really is. I have striven in dealing with people to give them a benefit of doubt. They didn't mean that, they

Friday... But, can be such a beautiful word.

Friday... But, can be such a beautiful word. It really can be life changing. Look at what Paul writes in his letter to the Ephesians. In 2:1-3 (NLT) he says, "Once you were dead because of your many sins. You used to live in sin, just like the rest of the world, obeying the devil - the commander of the powers in the unseen world. He is the spirit at work in the hearts of those who refuse to obey God. All of us used to live that way, following the passionate desires and inclinations of our sinful nature. By our very nature we were subject to God's anger, just like everyone else." There it is, there it is. That is the way we are living or have lived. Dead is a definite word of finality. At least the devil thought so and maybe you do too. And then verses 4-5 starts by saying, "But", that beautiful life changing word of opportunity even though we are dead. Yes, we are subject to God's anger, "But God is so rich in mercy, and he loved us so much, that even t