Skip to main content

Wednesday... He is so good but.


Wednesday... He is so good but he is not easy.

He is definitely a good God. Just the opportunity to have someone in our life who will always love us is so good but love doesn't mean easy.

Let's say I'm in school and I have a test tomorrow and I don't study but when I get up I pray that God will help me with my test. Or let's say, that I need a job but I don't put in the effort to find one, but I do pray or I do have a job but I just don't want to get up and do it so I pray that God will supply my needs.


Proverbs 20:4 (NLT) says, "Those too lazy to plow in the right season will have no food at the harvest." God honors our diligence, our effort and he gives us opportunities if and when we pray. He also will give us strength but he does not honor laziness.

Verse 12 says, "Ears to hear and eyes to see - both are gifts from the Lord."

Every morning when I start my daily systematic reading in Psalms, Proverbs and the New Testament, I start my time by praying, "Lord, open my eyes to see, my ears to hear, my mind to comprehend, my heart to comply and my hands to communicate so that someone will be encouraged, enlighted, inspired, invited to a deeper relationship with you or invited to a new relationship with you and then I start reading. Now it may mean that I read these three chapters in five different translations before that word comes to me and I start writing. And yes, God always answers my prayer but I must also do my part and many times it is not easy but it always is a privilege and an opportunity.

Verse 13 says, "If you love sleep, you will end in poverty. Keep your eyes open, and there will be plenty to eat." The Amplified Bible says, "Do not love [excessive] sleep, or you will become poor; Open your eyes [so that you can do your work] and you will be satisfied with bread."

It called work. And it isn't always easy. Now work started in the Garden of Eden before the Fall. God gave Adam a job. He was to name all of the animals. Work is a part of God's plan.

Now it is true that if something is too difficult, if troubles come, God is only a prayer away.

Over in John 2, Jesus was at a wedding and the wine ran out, there was no more, and Mary, Jesus mother came to Jesus and told him, "They have no more wine." Now Jesus took care of the problem but there were things that the servants had to do. Yes, this was Jesus first miracle, he turned water into wind but the servants had a hand in it. They had something to do and they did it. And it wasn't easy for them but they weren't lazy, they did what he said and there was a miracle.

Psalm 80:3 (CEV) says, "Our God, make us strong again and save us." We don't need to be strong if we are in bed but if we are up and doing our part then we need to be strong and God will answer that prayer and he will save us. Now there are situations where we need to be in bed and God will give us the strength to handle those times. He really will.

Yes we must pray and yes we must do. This is just a reminder, God is so good but he is not easy. Life can be hard, but he will be with us and leading us and strengthening us. Yes, yes! #todaysbeginning





  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday... It is so worth it. It really is!

Tuesday... It is so worth it. It really is! Look at this, Proverbs 5:21-23 (CEV) says, "The Lord sees everything, and he watches us closely. Sinners are trapped and caught by their own evil deeds. They get lost and die because of their foolishness and lack of self-control." That is true of so many. Now look at this, Luke 15:1-7 says, "Tax collectors and sinners were all crowding around to listen to Jesus. So the Pharisees and the teachers of the Law of Moses started grumbling, 'This man is friendly with sinners. He even eats with them.' Then Jesus told them this story: If any of you has 100 sheep, and one of them gets lost, what will you do? Won't you leave the 99 in the field and go look for the lost sheep until you find it? And when you find it, you will put it on your shoulder and carry it home. Then you will call in your friends and neighbors and say, 'Let's celebrate! I've found my lost sheep.' Jesus said, 'In the same way there is mo

Tuesday... Let's be smart.

Tuesday... Let's be smart. Proverbs 12:16a (CEV) says, "Losing your temper is foolish." It really is. And it is so hard to take it back. That is not smart. There are always consequence when we lose our temper and they are usually not good. Think of the last time you lost your temper at home, at your kids, at your spouse, at your pets. at your life, at where you live, at where you work. There are always repercussions and they are not good.  The New Living Translation says, "A fool is quick-tempered." The Message says, "Fools have short fuses and explode all too quickly." The Amplified Bible says, "The [arrogant] fool's anger is quickly known [because he lacks self-control and common sense]." It just is not a good thing. is it? But then the rest of this verse, this proverb (CEV) says, "ignoring an insult is smart." It really is. I have striven in dealing with people to give them a benefit of doubt. They didn't mean that, they

Friday... But, can be such a beautiful word.

Friday... But, can be such a beautiful word. It really can be life changing. Look at what Paul writes in his letter to the Ephesians. In 2:1-3 (NLT) he says, "Once you were dead because of your many sins. You used to live in sin, just like the rest of the world, obeying the devil - the commander of the powers in the unseen world. He is the spirit at work in the hearts of those who refuse to obey God. All of us used to live that way, following the passionate desires and inclinations of our sinful nature. By our very nature we were subject to God's anger, just like everyone else." There it is, there it is. That is the way we are living or have lived. Dead is a definite word of finality. At least the devil thought so and maybe you do too. And then verses 4-5 starts by saying, "But", that beautiful life changing word of opportunity even though we are dead. Yes, we are subject to God's anger, "But God is so rich in mercy, and he loved us so much, that even t