Skip to main content

Wednesday... I didn't realize I needed it but I really appreciated it.


Wednesday... I didn't realize I needed it but I really appreciated it.

I came into my daily coffee shop this morning and  I was given a gift by one of the lead baristas. She had made it. That really meant a lot to me. I'm not usually good at getting gifts but this was so very meaningful to me. I didn't realize that I needed that today but I sure appreciated it. 

Now there are so many different gifts given to us but we don't notice them or appreciate them. Proverbs 20:12 (NLT) says, "Ears to hear and eyes to see - both are gifts from the Lord." I love each morning to go out and sit on my couch and look up at the sky. I am right now looking out the window of my coffee shop and I'm looking at some awesome mountains. A gift from God. Some Christmas music is playing. It helps to set the tone of a good morning. "Ears to hear and eyes to see - both are gifts from the Lord."

Proverbs 20:24 (MSG) says, "The very steps we take come from God; otherwise how would we know where we are going?" Both eyes and ears help in this but there is more to it. God is looking down on us and he sees what is ahead and he is involved in where we are headed. 

Verse 27 says, "God is in charge of human life, watching and examining us inside and out." We take God for granted. For many they don't even realize there is a God, that he is involved in their life. He is the giver of life.

Verse 22 (NLT) says, "Don't say, 'I'll get even for this wrong.' Wait for the Lord to handle the matter." But we think that we have to handle the wrongs in our life, to get even. But it's not up to us.

And then the last verse in Matthew 3 says, "And a voice from heaven said, 'This is my dearly loved Son, who brings me great joy." Jesus is the greatest gift that has ever been given. God really, really loves him. The Message Paraphrase  says, "This is my Son, chosen and marked by my love, delight of my life."  God gave us the greatest gift that he could ever give us. He showed by this gift how much he loves us. And too many don't even realize this fact and realize that they really need this gift and even really appreciate it. 

Jesus is truly the greatest gift to have ever been given. We each one really do need him. And thanks God for giving him and showing us how much you really, really love us! Yes yes! #todaysbeginning

 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday... It is so worth it. It really is!

Tuesday... It is so worth it. It really is! Look at this, Proverbs 5:21-23 (CEV) says, "The Lord sees everything, and he watches us closely. Sinners are trapped and caught by their own evil deeds. They get lost and die because of their foolishness and lack of self-control." That is true of so many. Now look at this, Luke 15:1-7 says, "Tax collectors and sinners were all crowding around to listen to Jesus. So the Pharisees and the teachers of the Law of Moses started grumbling, 'This man is friendly with sinners. He even eats with them.' Then Jesus told them this story: If any of you has 100 sheep, and one of them gets lost, what will you do? Won't you leave the 99 in the field and go look for the lost sheep until you find it? And when you find it, you will put it on your shoulder and carry it home. Then you will call in your friends and neighbors and say, 'Let's celebrate! I've found my lost sheep.' Jesus said, 'In the same way there is mo

Tuesday... Let's be smart.

Tuesday... Let's be smart. Proverbs 12:16a (CEV) says, "Losing your temper is foolish." It really is. And it is so hard to take it back. That is not smart. There are always consequence when we lose our temper and they are usually not good. Think of the last time you lost your temper at home, at your kids, at your spouse, at your pets. at your life, at where you live, at where you work. There are always repercussions and they are not good.  The New Living Translation says, "A fool is quick-tempered." The Message says, "Fools have short fuses and explode all too quickly." The Amplified Bible says, "The [arrogant] fool's anger is quickly known [because he lacks self-control and common sense]." It just is not a good thing. is it? But then the rest of this verse, this proverb (CEV) says, "ignoring an insult is smart." It really is. I have striven in dealing with people to give them a benefit of doubt. They didn't mean that, they

Friday... But, can be such a beautiful word.

Friday... But, can be such a beautiful word. It really can be life changing. Look at what Paul writes in his letter to the Ephesians. In 2:1-3 (NLT) he says, "Once you were dead because of your many sins. You used to live in sin, just like the rest of the world, obeying the devil - the commander of the powers in the unseen world. He is the spirit at work in the hearts of those who refuse to obey God. All of us used to live that way, following the passionate desires and inclinations of our sinful nature. By our very nature we were subject to God's anger, just like everyone else." There it is, there it is. That is the way we are living or have lived. Dead is a definite word of finality. At least the devil thought so and maybe you do too. And then verses 4-5 starts by saying, "But", that beautiful life changing word of opportunity even though we are dead. Yes, we are subject to God's anger, "But God is so rich in mercy, and he loved us so much, that even t