Skip to main content

Monday... Yes, I do and you do too.


Monday... Yes, I do and you do too.

I am retired as the world calls retired but God is not done with me yet.

I came across a very important word as I was reading from David's Psalm 57 this morning. He writes in verses 1 & 2 (NLT), "Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy! I look to you for protection. I will hide beneath the shadow of your wings until the danger passes by." 

David was hiding in a cave from King Saul who wanted to kill him so this was a great way to start this Psalm.  I need mercy, I need protection, I need a place to hide until the danger passes by. And we could also pray that prayer, can't we?  

But he goes on, "I cry out to God Most High, who will fulfill his purpose for me." And there is the word and it is a very life fulfilling word. The word is purpose. I have a purpose and so do you. Even while in this cave, David could pray with confidence, even in the midst of what we have been and are going through can pray with confidence because God is going to fulfill His purpose for me and for you. 

He has created each one of us with a purpose in mind and He is going to do all He can to fulfill that purpose. Pandemic doesn't mess up His purpose, retirement doesn't mess up His purpose, sickness, loss of job, inflation, high gas prices, high food costs, bad health, troubled marriage, our kids going astray, living in a cave doesn't waylay God in fulfilling His purpose. 

Now we can. But I don't want to live His purpose can waylay what God wants to do through me but even in that He will keep at. He brings so much into our lives to get us back on track. No matter what is happening in our lives God is using it to fulfill His purpose. And that gives me confidence.

Verses 2 & 3 in The MESSAGE says, "I call out to High God, the God who holds me together. He sends orders from heaven and saves me, he humiliates those who kick me around. God delivers generous love, he makes good on his word."

Isn't that great? He holds me together and He delivers generous love and He makes good on His word. So why in the world would we go it alone without God? We don't! Yes, yes! #todaysbeginning

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday... It is so worth it. It really is!

Tuesday... It is so worth it. It really is! Look at this, Proverbs 5:21-23 (CEV) says, "The Lord sees everything, and he watches us closely. Sinners are trapped and caught by their own evil deeds. They get lost and die because of their foolishness and lack of self-control." That is true of so many. Now look at this, Luke 15:1-7 says, "Tax collectors and sinners were all crowding around to listen to Jesus. So the Pharisees and the teachers of the Law of Moses started grumbling, 'This man is friendly with sinners. He even eats with them.' Then Jesus told them this story: If any of you has 100 sheep, and one of them gets lost, what will you do? Won't you leave the 99 in the field and go look for the lost sheep until you find it? And when you find it, you will put it on your shoulder and carry it home. Then you will call in your friends and neighbors and say, 'Let's celebrate! I've found my lost sheep.' Jesus said, 'In the same way there is mo

Tuesday... Let's be smart.

Tuesday... Let's be smart. Proverbs 12:16a (CEV) says, "Losing your temper is foolish." It really is. And it is so hard to take it back. That is not smart. There are always consequence when we lose our temper and they are usually not good. Think of the last time you lost your temper at home, at your kids, at your spouse, at your pets. at your life, at where you live, at where you work. There are always repercussions and they are not good.  The New Living Translation says, "A fool is quick-tempered." The Message says, "Fools have short fuses and explode all too quickly." The Amplified Bible says, "The [arrogant] fool's anger is quickly known [because he lacks self-control and common sense]." It just is not a good thing. is it? But then the rest of this verse, this proverb (CEV) says, "ignoring an insult is smart." It really is. I have striven in dealing with people to give them a benefit of doubt. They didn't mean that, they

Friday... But, can be such a beautiful word.

Friday... But, can be such a beautiful word. It really can be life changing. Look at what Paul writes in his letter to the Ephesians. In 2:1-3 (NLT) he says, "Once you were dead because of your many sins. You used to live in sin, just like the rest of the world, obeying the devil - the commander of the powers in the unseen world. He is the spirit at work in the hearts of those who refuse to obey God. All of us used to live that way, following the passionate desires and inclinations of our sinful nature. By our very nature we were subject to God's anger, just like everyone else." There it is, there it is. That is the way we are living or have lived. Dead is a definite word of finality. At least the devil thought so and maybe you do too. And then verses 4-5 starts by saying, "But", that beautiful life changing word of opportunity even though we are dead. Yes, we are subject to God's anger, "But God is so rich in mercy, and he loved us so much, that even t