Skip to main content

Friday... I love this thought It caught my attention.


Friday... I love this thought. It caught my attention.

Psalm 17:8 (NIV) says, "Keep me as the apple of your eye." I love that. I want to be the apple of His eye. Do you want to be the apple of someone's eye? What if it is God?

Now this time of the year shows us that that is true. God came to earth as a child because He loved me and He loves each one of us. He was the greatest gift that has ever been given. 

The whole verse says, "Keep me as the apple of your eye, hide me in the shadow of your wings."

Do you need to pray this morning?, "Keep me as the apple of your eye." Verses 6-8 says, "I call on you, my God, for you will answer me." That's a great place to start. What you are praying is going to get His attention and you know that He will answer you and He will.

Verse 7, "Show me the wonders of your great love, you who save by your right hand those who take refuge in you from your foes." David the writer of this Psalm knows what he is talking about and if you stop and think you also can look back and see where God has shown His great love to you in times past if you have a relationship with Him, if you are following Him and if you have called out to Him. David knows and we can too.

He goes on, "Keep me as the apple of your eye." The NLT says, "Guard me as you would your own eyes." (NIV) Hide me in the shadow of your wings from the wicked who are out to destroy me, from my mortal enemies who surround me." We feel surrounded don't we? but God wants to hide us under His wings because we are special to Him, we are the apple of His eye. 

So stop right there and dwell on that. You, you, you are very special to Him so why not call out to Him right now.

The MESSAGE says, "I call to you, God, because I'm sure of an answer. So - answer! bend your ear! listen sharp!" And (NIV) "Keep me as the apple of your eye." Yes, yes! #todaysbeginning

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday... It is so worth it. It really is!

Tuesday... It is so worth it. It really is! Look at this, Proverbs 5:21-23 (CEV) says, "The Lord sees everything, and he watches us closely. Sinners are trapped and caught by their own evil deeds. They get lost and die because of their foolishness and lack of self-control." That is true of so many. Now look at this, Luke 15:1-7 says, "Tax collectors and sinners were all crowding around to listen to Jesus. So the Pharisees and the teachers of the Law of Moses started grumbling, 'This man is friendly with sinners. He even eats with them.' Then Jesus told them this story: If any of you has 100 sheep, and one of them gets lost, what will you do? Won't you leave the 99 in the field and go look for the lost sheep until you find it? And when you find it, you will put it on your shoulder and carry it home. Then you will call in your friends and neighbors and say, 'Let's celebrate! I've found my lost sheep.' Jesus said, 'In the same way there is mo

Tuesday... Let's be smart.

Tuesday... Let's be smart. Proverbs 12:16a (CEV) says, "Losing your temper is foolish." It really is. And it is so hard to take it back. That is not smart. There are always consequence when we lose our temper and they are usually not good. Think of the last time you lost your temper at home, at your kids, at your spouse, at your pets. at your life, at where you live, at where you work. There are always repercussions and they are not good.  The New Living Translation says, "A fool is quick-tempered." The Message says, "Fools have short fuses and explode all too quickly." The Amplified Bible says, "The [arrogant] fool's anger is quickly known [because he lacks self-control and common sense]." It just is not a good thing. is it? But then the rest of this verse, this proverb (CEV) says, "ignoring an insult is smart." It really is. I have striven in dealing with people to give them a benefit of doubt. They didn't mean that, they

Friday... But, can be such a beautiful word.

Friday... But, can be such a beautiful word. It really can be life changing. Look at what Paul writes in his letter to the Ephesians. In 2:1-3 (NLT) he says, "Once you were dead because of your many sins. You used to live in sin, just like the rest of the world, obeying the devil - the commander of the powers in the unseen world. He is the spirit at work in the hearts of those who refuse to obey God. All of us used to live that way, following the passionate desires and inclinations of our sinful nature. By our very nature we were subject to God's anger, just like everyone else." There it is, there it is. That is the way we are living or have lived. Dead is a definite word of finality. At least the devil thought so and maybe you do too. And then verses 4-5 starts by saying, "But", that beautiful life changing word of opportunity even though we are dead. Yes, we are subject to God's anger, "But God is so rich in mercy, and he loved us so much, that even t