Skip to main content

Tuesday... There are so many things that I want, and this is one of them.


Psalm 119:73 (NLT), "You made me, you created me. Now give me the sense to follow your commands."

Tuesday... There are so many things that I want, and this is for sure one of them.

It really is. Here, the one who made us, created us wants to give us the sense to follow his commands. 


We are in the midst of moving from one neighborhood to another. We're moving into Sun City, a 55 and older community. And I jokingly say that I want to be with my people, old people.  The truth is there are other reasons why.

Well, I had to go over to the new house to unlock the door for the cleaners but I got in there and I couldn't get the Air Conditioner on and I knew the cleaners would need it on because we are still in the 100's but I couldn't figure it out until I realized that a worker yesterday had unplugged it. If I would have called him I would have known what to do. And that would have made sense but I kept at it trying to figure out what to do.

And so many live life that way.

The Amplified Bible says verse 73 this way, "Your hands have made me and established me; give me understanding and a teachable heart, that I might learn your commandments." Again that makes so much sense.

Verse 74 says, "May those who [reverently] fear You see me and be glad." And here is the reason why. "Because I wait for Your Word." Reading and meditating in and on God's Word, the Bible and doing what it says really does make sense.

Verses 75-78 (NLT) says, "I know, Lord, that your regulations are fair; you discipline me because I needed it. Now let your unfailing love comfort me, just as you promised me, your servant. Surround me with your tender mercies so I may live, for your instructions are a delight. Bring disgrace upon the arrogant people who lied about me; meanwhile, I will concentrate on your commandments." Again that really doesn't make sense.

Proverbs 1:32-33 (AMP) says, "And the careless ease of [self-righteous] fools will destroy them. But whoever listens to me (Wisdom) will live securely and in confident trust and will be at ease, without fear or dread of evil." And we get that from our creator through his Spirit and his word.

That really does make sense. Yes, yes! #todaysbeginning

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday... It is so worth it. It really is!

Tuesday... It is so worth it. It really is! Look at this, Proverbs 5:21-23 (CEV) says, "The Lord sees everything, and he watches us closely. Sinners are trapped and caught by their own evil deeds. They get lost and die because of their foolishness and lack of self-control." That is true of so many. Now look at this, Luke 15:1-7 says, "Tax collectors and sinners were all crowding around to listen to Jesus. So the Pharisees and the teachers of the Law of Moses started grumbling, 'This man is friendly with sinners. He even eats with them.' Then Jesus told them this story: If any of you has 100 sheep, and one of them gets lost, what will you do? Won't you leave the 99 in the field and go look for the lost sheep until you find it? And when you find it, you will put it on your shoulder and carry it home. Then you will call in your friends and neighbors and say, 'Let's celebrate! I've found my lost sheep.' Jesus said, 'In the same way there is mo

Monday... Three ifs and two thens. They go together!

Monday... Three ifs and two thens. They go together! They really do. And this is what caught my attention this morning as I was reading Proverbs 2. Verse 1 (NRSVUE) says, "My child, if you accept my words and treasure my commands within you." Verse 3 (NIV), "Indeed i f you call  out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, Verse 4, and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, Verse 5, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God." And verses 9-11, " Then you will understand what is right and just and fair - every good path. For wisdom will enter your heart, and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul. Discretion will protect you, and understanding will guard you." There will always be some effort we must do, some ifs for the thens to be realized in our lives. So many of us want to understand without the ifs. But the thens are so worth, so very worth the effort. Verses 5-6 in the Ampli

Wednesday... Our unless can turn into useless.

Wednesday... Our unless can turn into useless.  It really can. I have found that unless I give the correct email of my wife then I can't get what I wanted. I put an extra i in her email and I have been working for 5 days to get it changed. Unless has been useless. The writer of Psalm 94 uses this word and shows how important it is. Verses 17-19 (NLT) says, "Unless the Lord had helped me, I would have soon settled in the silence of the grave. I cried out, 'I'm slipping!' but your unfailing love, O Lord, supported me. When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer." "Unless the Lord had helped me." So many people go on and on and on striving to live their life on their own but they keep slipping and doubting and living without hope and cheer. Yes the Lord has such unfailing love for us, he really does but unless we have a relationship with him and we turn to him and ask him for help then the unless turns in to useless because h