Skip to main content

Wednesday... Oh, if my life was easier.


Wednesday... Oh, if my life was easier.

We so many times look at our life and wish that it didn't have all that it has in it that cause us more work, more difficulties and more annoyances. We just don't see the benefit. We just see the problem, we just see the how it affects us in not making our life easier.

The writer of Proverbs 14:4 (Amp) starts by saying, "Where there are no oxen, the manger is clean." And we can say that in many ways. How much better it would be if I was alone. How much cleaner the house would be if we didn't have kids. I hate getting up so early to go to work. I wish I didn't have this problem in my life. My life would be so much more enjoyable, so much easier to live.


But this verse doesn't stop there. It goes on to say, "But much revenue [because of good crops] comes by the strength of the oxen." The NLT says, "but you need a strong ox for a large harvest." 

There is so much more to life than just having it to be easy. This is such a good proverb.

Over in 2 Corinthians 12:7b (NLT) Paul writes, "So to keep me from becoming proud, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger from Satan to torment me and keep me from getting proud." And he prayed and prayed for it to be taken away. He wanted this torment in his life to be taken care of so it would be easier for him to live, yes, even easier to be a blessing for God and really be noticed. But God saw it in a different way.

Verses 8-10 says, "Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away. Each time he said, 'My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.' So now I am glad to boast about my weakness, so that the power of Christ can work through me. That's why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, persecutions, and trouble that I suffer for Christ, For when I am weak, then I am strong."

So what is there in our lives that really annoys us but may be there for a purpose? Maybe God doesn't want our manger to be clean but to be used for a revenue, for a large crop, for us to become strong.

Oh, we would love for our life to be easier but Jesus didn't take the easy way and Paul didn't either. 

What did Paul say? "That's why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, persecutions, and trouble that I suffer for Christ, For when I am weak, then I am strong."

God takes that which Satan throws at us to hurt us and he changes it to be used for his purpose.  God knows what we really need. So let's not look for an easy life but a life used by God. Yes, yes! #todaysbeginning


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday... It is so worth it. It really is!

Tuesday... It is so worth it. It really is! Look at this, Proverbs 5:21-23 (CEV) says, "The Lord sees everything, and he watches us closely. Sinners are trapped and caught by their own evil deeds. They get lost and die because of their foolishness and lack of self-control." That is true of so many. Now look at this, Luke 15:1-7 says, "Tax collectors and sinners were all crowding around to listen to Jesus. So the Pharisees and the teachers of the Law of Moses started grumbling, 'This man is friendly with sinners. He even eats with them.' Then Jesus told them this story: If any of you has 100 sheep, and one of them gets lost, what will you do? Won't you leave the 99 in the field and go look for the lost sheep until you find it? And when you find it, you will put it on your shoulder and carry it home. Then you will call in your friends and neighbors and say, 'Let's celebrate! I've found my lost sheep.' Jesus said, 'In the same way there is mo

Monday... Three ifs and two thens. They go together!

Monday... Three ifs and two thens. They go together! They really do. And this is what caught my attention this morning as I was reading Proverbs 2. Verse 1 (NRSVUE) says, "My child, if you accept my words and treasure my commands within you." Verse 3 (NIV), "Indeed i f you call  out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, Verse 4, and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, Verse 5, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God." And verses 9-11, " Then you will understand what is right and just and fair - every good path. For wisdom will enter your heart, and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul. Discretion will protect you, and understanding will guard you." There will always be some effort we must do, some ifs for the thens to be realized in our lives. So many of us want to understand without the ifs. But the thens are so worth, so very worth the effort. Verses 5-6 in the Ampli

Wednesday... Our unless can turn into useless.

Wednesday... Our unless can turn into useless.  It really can. I have found that unless I give the correct email of my wife then I can't get what I wanted. I put an extra i in her email and I have been working for 5 days to get it changed. Unless has been useless. The writer of Psalm 94 uses this word and shows how important it is. Verses 17-19 (NLT) says, "Unless the Lord had helped me, I would have soon settled in the silence of the grave. I cried out, 'I'm slipping!' but your unfailing love, O Lord, supported me. When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer." "Unless the Lord had helped me." So many people go on and on and on striving to live their life on their own but they keep slipping and doubting and living without hope and cheer. Yes the Lord has such unfailing love for us, he really does but unless we have a relationship with him and we turn to him and ask him for help then the unless turns in to useless because h