Skip to main content

Friday... There is so much to be had. Just believe it!


Friday... There is so much to be had. Just believe it!

David in Psalm 62 says this word twice and it is something that is so very hard for us to say and do. In verse 1 (NLT) he says, "I wait quietly before God, for my victory comes from him." And verse 5 says, "Let all that I am wait quietly before God for my hope is in him." And did you see that other word? "I wait quietly before God" and "Let all that I am wait quietly before God." Yes, waiting is a difficult thing for us to do and doing it quietly is almost impossible, isn't it?


Now verse 8 (AMP) give us another important word. It says, "Trust [confidently] in Him at all times, O people; Pour out your heart before Him, God is a refuge for us." To trust confidently in Him is why we can wait quietly before God.

David had experience and confidence that lead him to being able to wait quietly. So what is it that you are waiting on God for? Now I understand why it is so difficult for us to wait. I really do. I am needing this Psalm personally today. We as a family are in a waiting period and it is not easy to do, is it? But our past experience and God's Word shows us that we can do it with confidence in God.

Now verse 5 in the Amplified Bible says something very important. It says, "For God alone my soul waits in silence and quietly submits to Him, for my hope is from Him." That word submit is very difficult for us to do. We want control, we want to see what we do to be successful. Submitting means we are weak but the truth is compared to God we are weak.

Paul in 2 Corinthians 3 in verses 4-5 (NLT) says, "We are confident for all of this because of our great trust in God through Christ, It is not that we think we are qualified to do anything on our own. Our qualification comes from God." 

And then verse 18b says, "And the Lord - who is the Spirit - makes us more and more like him as we are changed into his glorious image." And that is what quietly waiting is all about. He is using it to change us and to make us like him. You see, God has a plan and he knows what he is doing. And that is one of the benefits and reasons why we go through times of waiting and doing it quietly and confidently with trust in God.  

So let's remember this. Psalm 62:6-8 says, "He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will not be shaken. My victory and honor come from God alone. He is my refuge, a rock where no enemy can reach me. O my people, trust in him at all times. Pour out your heart to him, for God is our refuge." Yes, yes! #todaysbeginning

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday... It is so worth it. It really is!

Tuesday... It is so worth it. It really is! Look at this, Proverbs 5:21-23 (CEV) says, "The Lord sees everything, and he watches us closely. Sinners are trapped and caught by their own evil deeds. They get lost and die because of their foolishness and lack of self-control." That is true of so many. Now look at this, Luke 15:1-7 says, "Tax collectors and sinners were all crowding around to listen to Jesus. So the Pharisees and the teachers of the Law of Moses started grumbling, 'This man is friendly with sinners. He even eats with them.' Then Jesus told them this story: If any of you has 100 sheep, and one of them gets lost, what will you do? Won't you leave the 99 in the field and go look for the lost sheep until you find it? And when you find it, you will put it on your shoulder and carry it home. Then you will call in your friends and neighbors and say, 'Let's celebrate! I've found my lost sheep.' Jesus said, 'In the same way there is mo

Monday... Three ifs and two thens. They go together!

Monday... Three ifs and two thens. They go together! They really do. And this is what caught my attention this morning as I was reading Proverbs 2. Verse 1 (NRSVUE) says, "My child, if you accept my words and treasure my commands within you." Verse 3 (NIV), "Indeed i f you call  out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, Verse 4, and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, Verse 5, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God." And verses 9-11, " Then you will understand what is right and just and fair - every good path. For wisdom will enter your heart, and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul. Discretion will protect you, and understanding will guard you." There will always be some effort we must do, some ifs for the thens to be realized in our lives. So many of us want to understand without the ifs. But the thens are so worth, so very worth the effort. Verses 5-6 in the Ampli

Wednesday... Our unless can turn into useless.

Wednesday... Our unless can turn into useless.  It really can. I have found that unless I give the correct email of my wife then I can't get what I wanted. I put an extra i in her email and I have been working for 5 days to get it changed. Unless has been useless. The writer of Psalm 94 uses this word and shows how important it is. Verses 17-19 (NLT) says, "Unless the Lord had helped me, I would have soon settled in the silence of the grave. I cried out, 'I'm slipping!' but your unfailing love, O Lord, supported me. When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer." "Unless the Lord had helped me." So many people go on and on and on striving to live their life on their own but they keep slipping and doubting and living without hope and cheer. Yes the Lord has such unfailing love for us, he really does but unless we have a relationship with him and we turn to him and ask him for help then the unless turns in to useless because h